CREATING A MORE INCLUSIVE WORLD
We are making the world a more inclusive one for people with and without intellectual disabilities. We work together to ensure that everyone has the right to play, learn and live together. We are the Unified Generation.
SHAPING POSITIVE SCHOOL CLIMATES
Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools® is a strategy for schools Pre-K through university that intentionally promotes meaningful social inclusion by bringing together young people with and without intellectual disabilities (ID) to lead in the creation of accepting school environments, utilizing three interconnected components: Special Olympics Unified Sports®, inclusive youth leadership, and whole-school engagement. Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools is generously supported by the Office of Special Education Programs at the U.S. Department of Education.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?Watch more videos >
Inclusion Weekly: What is UCS?
Tajha, U.S. Youth Ambassador from Florida, hosts this week’s “Inclusion Weekly”. The purpose of this video is to ...
Ponaganset HS: A Case Study
It takes a lot of work to be a Special Olympics National banner Unified Champion School. To do this, a ...
In The Media:
- K-12 Dive – “Special Olympics Program Helps Schools Get Unified on Inclusivity”
- Fox Sports – “Reflecting Back on the NFL Glory Days and Talking New Purpose Post Football with Ray Roberts”
- Athletic Sports – “How NIRSA Mentors Leaders in College Recreation”
- AMLE – “Unified Classroom: Inclusive SEL Resources for Your Classroom and Your Club”
- VentureBeat – “ Teams Up with Special Olympics to Bring Esports to More Schools”
- YAHOO! – “JR SportBrief Teams Up with Special Olympics International to Launch “Media for the Movement” College Tour”
Special Olympics is a tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Special Olympics Identification Number (EIN) is 52-0889518.